I often hear that many friends ask what is woven fabric […]
I often hear that many friends ask what is woven fabric and what is knitting. As a practitioner in the textile industry, I would like to share with you some basic knowledge about woven fabrics today.
The so-called woven fabric is a cloth woven by using a loom to pick the warp direction and the weft direction of the yarn, the vertical direction is the warp direction, and the horizontal direction is the weft direction. Woven fabrics are widely used in the sewing of various clothing and accessories or bedding. The organization of woven fabrics includes plain weave, twill weave, satin weave, and their changes.
1. Plain weave, the simplest kind of organization, is made by interlacing warp and weft yarns one after another. Now many classic Chaoyang strips and some plain-dyed woven fabrics are mainly plain weave.
2. Twill, mainly used for casual wear and some bedding. Twill sanded and brushed woven fabrics can be sewn into flannel shirts or jackets that we normally wear. Twill is not simply left or right, and there are many herringbone diagonal weaves that are also very good.
3. Satin weaves. Satin weaves are often used in high-end fabrics, such as high-end shirt accessories and some bedding. Compared with plain weave or twill weave, satin weave has a softer touch, full and fine texture, and beautiful gloss.
The components of woven fabrics include cotton, linen, chemical fiber, wool, silk and so on.
1. All cotton, most of the shirts and casual wear are all cotton. Fabrics spun from cotton into yarns are dyed and then woven or woven and then dyed. They are easy to keep warm, close to the body, have good moisture absorption and breathability, but are easy to wrinkle. However, there are a variety of non-iron and anti-wrinkle finishing methods, which can make up for it a little.
2. Hemp, made of hemp-like plant fibers, has good air permeability, high strength, and is not easy to deform, but it feels a little rougher. It is generally used to sew casual wear.
3. Silk is used in high-end shirts and accessories. It is made into fibers from silk and then woven into cloth. Generally, pure silk fabrics are mainly knitted. For woven fabrics, most of them are made of cotton silk instead of pure silk. This kind of cotton silk is light, soft, comfortable and has good gloss. The disadvantage is that it is easy to wrinkle and deform, it is not easy to manage, and its color fastness is not very good.
4. Wool is commonly used in some jackets or casual wear in the spring and autumn seasons. The woven fabric of cotton and wool is commonly used on shirts. It feels soft and elastic, and has good warmth retention performance, but it also has the shortcomings of easy shrinkage and difficult to manage.
5. Chemical fiber, a kind of chemical fiber, is divided into two types: natural and synthetic. The woven fabric woven with chemical fiber fibers is bright in color, soft in texture, stiff and not easily deformed, but its air permeability is very poor, and many people will feel stuffy and not hygroscopic after wearing it. However, because of its low price, the tooling of many units will use cotton and chemical fiber blended fabric to make tooling.
Now, in addition to the above-mentioned common structures and components, different yarn counts and densities in warp and weft directions are designed, coupled with various forms of jacquard technology, to form different styles of woven fabrics.