Pigment printing is a printing method in which a strong […]
Pigment printing is a printing method in which a strong, wear-resistant and transparent resin film is formed on the fabric with the help of an adhesive, and the paint is mechanically fixed on the fabric to obtain a pattern printing method.
As early as more than two thousand years ago, our ancestors used mineral pigments to grind together with natural binders for textile printing. However, due to the dark gray color, rough hand feel, poor washing and rubbing fastness, etc., they are not used much. . Modern pigment printing started after the German Bayer (Bayer) company provided a series of Acramin F type pigment printing pastes in 1951. In the 1960s, self-crosslinking adhesives with film-forming water phase dispersion were developed. At the same time, the presence of polyacid-based synthetic thickeners has made pigment printing technology a big step forward. With the continuous improvement and perfection of adhesives and thickeners, the application of pigment printing and pigment dyeing textile fabrics has become more and more extensive. Nowadays pigment printing occupies a considerable market share, which has exceeded 50% in the world. It is the first choice for all printing processes, and there are many special pigment printing manufacturers.
Advantages of pigment printing:
1. The process is simple, no waste water is discharged, and the production efficiency and the rate of authenticity are high.
2. There is no selectivity to fiber, and it has a wide range of applications.
3. Complete color spectrum, easy color matching and high precision.
4. It can print special patterns, suitable for special printing.
Disadvantages of pigment printing:
1. There is a contradiction between the hand feel and the color fastness.
2. The high mesh screen is easy to block when printing.
3. A small amount of unreacted monomer has a certain impact on health.
Based on the above characteristics, pigment printing is mainly used for the pattern area is not too large or the hand feel, the rubbing fastness requirements are not too high, especially suitable for direct printing of synthetic fibers and their blends, interwoven fabrics and special printing.